Welcome to the Handmade Holidays Blog Hop! I’m so excited to participate this year and create some crafty DIY Christmas decor. It feels weird to even write about Christmas yet, but it’s definitely creeping up on us! I love to DIY decor. It’s a good way to save money and you can customize it just how you want it. I love farmhouse style decor, and this idea is the perfect addition! This year I wanted to make something with a rustic feel. Not fussy or elaborate, just simple and neutral. Check out my new Farmhouse Christmas Decor!
Thanks to Jennifer of Smart Fun DIY for hosting and for the generous sponsors for this event!
I wanted something new to add to my decor this year, but I don’t want to spend a fortune on decorations. These are fun, simple and inexpensive!
Affiliate links provided (see my full disclosure here)
- 2 mini crates (thanks to Walnut Hollow for providing these!)
- 2 miniature trees – any kind or style you like –similar ones found here
- Decorative lights (optional) like these
- 2 Chunky wooden ornaments (similar ones found here)
- Hot Glue Gun or another strong adhesive
- Paint/Stain (I used dark walnut, but anything you like will work)
Here’s what I started with:
A few simple steps and my rustic farmhouse crates are done!
- Paint or stain your crates if you’d like. I used some white craft paint in my stash and lightly covered the inside and outside of both crates
- Stain or paint your wooden ornaments
- My trees had red ribbon around them which I replaced with twine
- Hot glue your ornament to the crate or you could stencil a design- whatever you want
- I used lights with mine so I strung them through the back of the crate and piled them on the inside. I wrapped one around my tree ornament to look like a star
And that’s it! So easy and fast and they turned out super cute!
And here’s my Farmhouse Christmas Decor!
Don’t forget to check out all the other amazing DIY Decor Ideas and enter for a chance to win prizes!
Pin for later!
Thanks for stopping by Brown Dog Vintage!